Who we are
The data controller is WindSensor. WindSensor produce and sell high quality meteorological instruments used for research and commercial activities within meteorology and wind energy.
DTU Risø Campus
DK +45 46 77 55 25
US +1 646 233-3463
How we collect information about you
There are several ways we may collect information about you. These include:
- When you provide it to us by getting in contact (phone/email/web)
- When you subscribe to our services or place an order with us
- If you submit your details when sending an enquiry through a supplier
- When you provide details at an exhibition or networking event
What information we collect about you
We collect information to process your purchases, deliver our services and contact you, as well as to improve the website experience for our users. This can include the following:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Company name
- Company address
- Payment details where relevant
- IP address
- Geographical location of where you accessed our website
- Information about how you use/interact with our website
- Information from cookies (if you have consented to their use) and information about your computer or other electronic device (tablet and browser type).
WindSensor does not collect any special category data such as your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic data, biometric data, health, sex life or sexual orientation.
How we use your information and the legal bases for this
When you send us an enquiry or purchase from us, we will collect the required information. In these instances, we process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we will then send you the relevant marketing communications until such time that you remove your consent. In these instances, processing is performed on the basis of your consent.
When you contact us from our website using the contact form or chat function, we will use your information to take steps at your request to enter into a contract.
Who we share your data with
WindSensor respects your data and has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure we have mitigated against such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data.
WindSensor uses third parties in the processing of personal data. Such "data processors" purely manages data according to the instructions of WindSensor. These may include:
- IT service providers
- Email providers
- Payment processing providers
- Hosting providers
- Newsletter providers
To ensure that your personal data is processed in a safe manner, we enters into data agreements with third parties processing personal data on behalf of WindSensor.
We will only share your personal data with third parties for the purposes of delivering our services, fulfilling any contracts we enter with you, where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
How long we retain your data
We will keep hold of your data for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain it will depend on any legal obligations we have (such as tax recording purposes), the nature of any contracts we have in place with you, the existence of your consent or our legitimate interests as a business.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
We use the following types of cookies:
- System Cookies: These cookies are essential for the functionality of the website. This include Concrete5 cookies used for managing the web site content and FormDesk cookies used for enquiring and ordering of products. System cookies cannot be disabled.
- Zopim Cookies: These cookies is used by our live chat service. It allows us to better serve users who contact us through our live chat service. Zopim live chat will be unavailable if cookies are disabled.
- Google Analytics: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Google Analytics will not collect information if cookies are disabled.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you and be told about its use.
- Request that WindSensor rectifies or deletes your information, or restricts processing if you have concerns over its accuracy, deletion or fair and lawful use.
- Object to the processing of your personal data, based on your particular situation, where this processing is based on the legitimate interests of WindSensor, where it involves direct marketing, or where it is completed for research or statistical purposes.
- Withdraw consent to the use of your information.
- Receive your personal data in a portable, commonly used, machine-readable format to transfer to another data controller. However, in some circumstances we may be unable to provide you with some or all of your personal data, for example, if it compromises the confidentiality of a third party.
Should you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please forward your inquiry using the contact information provided in this policy.